Hi. Please note this is the same as your Mobile Anti-Theft and is only triggered by a SIM card change - possible reason why most people forget it unless if they change SIM cards often. The reset measure do be discussed will work for you only if you remember and have access to at least one of the 3 emergency contacts ( The phone numbers that you choose as emergency contacts when you enabled the Mobile Anti-Theft feature), otherwise, see this here.
- Insert your a SIM card on your phone or tablet, (Make sure the SIM card is recharged.)
- Use one of your 3 emergency contacts' phone to send an SMS/remote command to the SIM number (currently) inserted in the PPP locked device). SMS this: #mima#
- You will then receive an automated SMS to your phone (The SMS might be in Chinese writing, get a translator if so). This SMS will be havining a new password to unlock your phone or tablet (8 digits).
- Let us know should you require further help
- Flash the stock ROM to clear this lost or forgotten password.
- Please go HERE to see all Firmware files that we have ( you must have access to a computer in order to flash your phone) If you don't have access to a computer please go HERE
Take the phone to your local phone repairs shops to have the reset done for you.